How to get your PAYE figures if you lose your P45 or P60?

โญP45 – When you leave a job, your employer will then provide you with a P45. Your P45 shows how much tax you’ve paid on your salary so far in the tax year (6 April to 5 April) and crucially it includes your tax code, and it will tell your new employer how much to tax you.


โญ P60 – If you are employed, at the end of the tax year you will be provided with a P60 from your employer. The P60 summarises their total pay and deductions for the year.
Both documents are very important which means please keep them safe and always keep a copy!


What happens if I lose them? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

If you have lost your P60, you can ask your employer for a replacement. If you cannot get a replacement from them, you can either use your personal tax account to view or print the information that was on the P60 or contact HMRC and ask for the information that was on the P60.

If you have lost your P45, you unfortunately cannot get another copy of this and HMRC do not provide replacement copies. However, if you was to lose this, your new employer can use a โ€˜starter checklistโ€™ to help calculate your tax code.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *